Inside: 37 Fishnet Outfit Ideas (Classy + Grunge).
Fishnets are back baby! Well, for some of us they never left. Now they’re getting more attention and truthfully, I think they deserve it.
Don’t fret though, we aren’t saying you have to pair fishnets with skirts and heels to pull them off. No way!
We’re talking about layering under jeans, pairing with sweater dresses, and even a few 90’s grunge looks that are cooler than ever.
How to Style Fishnets
Over time, fishnet tights have truly transformed—and then transformed again and transformed again. Fishnets are available in all kinds of colors and patterns these days, and tights are no longer the only way to wear the textile. Fishnet tops and socks have even become more popular, offering more style options and ways to rock this fun look.
There are a few ways you can approach fishnet tights:
1. One route is to look at them as an add-on or an accessory, letting them peek out from under the holes your jeans, or showing a few inches of fishnet just above your pants’ waistband.
2. The other is to let them be your focal point; keep the punk vibes strong and show them off with miniskirts, heavy boots, and patterned outerwear for an outfit that’s sure to turn heads!
A Few More Things to Remember
- Balance short hemlines with high collars and long sleeves to keep your look sophisticated and modern.
- Draw attention to your edgy fishnets by rolling up your jeans’ cuffs, wearing distressed denim, or showing your midriff with a cropped top.
- Play with textures, pairing lacy fishnets with bold fur coats and chunky woolen knits.
- For a unique, feminine look, wear a pair of fishnet stockings or socks under a bright, floral dress.
- Try wearing your fishnet stockings with a stylish leather skirt or denim shorts for a modern, grunge aesthetic.
- For a simple wardrobe update, add a pair of fishnet socks to your everyday outfit.
- When wearing a long-sleeve fishnet top, experiment with textures and shape by adding loose-fitting t-shirts and pants or a fur vest.
Cute Outfits with Fishnets
These cute outfit ideas with fishnets are the perfect inspiration for your new look.
Styled with a Dress
1. All Black with Thigh High Boots
2. Dress and Combat Boots
3. Slouchy Sweater Dress
Paired with Ripped Jeans
These days, styling fishnet tights with jeans is such a trendy combo. If you type “fishnet tight outfit” on Pinterest, nearly half of the photos are of the girls with cutoff jeans and fishnet tights. It’s really a clever way to add some womanly vibes to the trendy jean style.
4. Paired with Jeans
5. Pulled Above Waist of Jeans
6. Patterned Fishnets Visible in Holes of Jeans
7. Sporty Grunge with Cropped Tshirt
8. Fishnets Peaking Through Holes in Jeans
9. Casual Jean Look with Fishnets
Fishnet Socks – OH Yeah, it’s a thing!
Socks are constantly lost, mismatched, and often seen as a blister-preventing necessity rather than a fashion accessory. Fishnet socks, however, present a different story. Elevate your everyday look with a pair of these casual, cool socks for an unexpected burst of edgy detail. Faded denim jeans that fall just above the ankle will allow you to show off your new must-have accessory.
10. Short Fishnet Socks with a Bow
11. White Mesh Fishnet Socks
12. Classy but Edgy Look
Layered Fishnet Look
13. Knee High Socks Layered Over Top of Fishnets
14. Fishnets Layered with Dress and Flannel
15. Layered Under a Long Winter Dress
Casual Outfits with Fishnet Tights
Ditch the fancy dresses and kick off those heels, we are taking fishnets to the casual level. These simple street-style outfits are perfect for a relaxed, casual, but put-together and thought-out look.
16. Oversized Sweatshirt and Sneakers
17. Star Designed Fishnets
18. Casual Wide Knit Fishnets Under Jeans
19. Layered Look with Oversized Tee
20. Shorts, Boots, and Cropped T-Shirt with Fishnets
Fun Fishnet Shirts
Sometimes, finding your unique style is simply about looking at things from a different angle. Turn the fishnet trend upside down and draw the focus upwards with a long sleeve fishnet top. If you’re not quite ready to go fully see-through, try adding a loose-fitting t-shirt and wear your fishnet sleeves with confidence. For those eager to take the plunge, wear a simple black bralette under your fishnet mesh top. Play with shape and textures by adding a sleeveless fur coat or vest over your shirt.
21. Layered Fishnet Cropped Shirt
22. Shirt with Cross Body Bra Under
24. White Cropped Fishnet Workout Shirt
25. Layered with Crossed Tee
Shorts and Fishnet Outfit Ideas
If you’re ready to rock the 70’s punk vibe then take it back to basics with a pair of cut-off denim shorts and fishnet tights. Dig out a loose-fitting, thick black graphic tee to add detail to this streetwear look. Heavy-laced black boots give the finishing touches to this tomboy style. For a more feminine approach, wear the tights underneath light-colored cotton shorts and throw on a soft woolen jumper.
26. Fishnets Layered with Knee High Socks
27. Shorts, Boots, and Cropped T-Shirt with Fishnets
28. Shorts with Flannel
29. Frayed Black Shorts
30. Patterened Stockings with Shorts
What Shoes Work Best with Fishnets?
Fishnets look the best when paired with close-toed shoes. It keeps everything more refined and put together, and keeps you from edging into that trashy territory. You can try it with pumps, canvas shoes, boots (high or low, and with heels or without), Oxfords, or whatever go-to shoes you have in your wardrobe that hides the toes.
It’s easier to find shoes to pair with fishnet tights than you might think. And if all else fails, it’ll be a great excuse for you to go out and splurge on some hot new footwear!
31. Silver Metallic Platform Loafer
32. Classic Dr. Martens
33. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Canvas Platform High Top Sneaker
34. Seychelles Overheard Tall Boot
35. Vagabond Shoemakers Cosmo 2.0 Chelsea Boot
36. Emma Velvet Buckle Platform Heel
37. Vans Seasonal Checkerboard Slip-On Sneaker