Inside: Classic Jumpsuit Outfit Ideas + How to Style Them.
When it comes to stylish alternatives to dresses, jumpsuits are must-have additions to any closet.
As a wardrobe staple, you can dress up or down, the jumpsuit is a popular style that looks chic and trendy with the right styling. With so many designs and sizes to consider, it can be a challenge to find the right outfit ideas to help you pull off the look.
From casual wide-leg jumpsuits to tight black and white pieces that look gorgeous dressed up in heels and accessories, there are many variations to consider. While fashion is constantly changing, there are ways to style a jumpsuit for a timeless look.
To inspire you with outfits, we’ve compiled this guide on how to wear a jumpsuit with style. If you’ve ever been confused about what to wear with this all-in-one piece of clothing, explore these feminine and fashionable ensembles to find the latest trends.
Table of Contents
How to Wear a Jumpsuit for Any Occasion
Whether you’re wanting to pull off a jumpsuit in the winter, spring, summer, or fall, these staple pieces are a perfect choice all year around. Plus you can dress them up or wear them casually for an everyday look. Check out a few of our favorite style tips for creating the perfect look you are going for!
How to Wear a Jumpsuit in Winter
When selecting the perfect attire for colder weather, a winter jumpsuit is a lovely stylish choice. These one-piece outfits are great for layering, practical for wintertime, and extremely fashionable.
To wear a jumpsuit in the winter, you’ll want to keep warm with a parka or asymmetrical wrap coat. You can even dress a thick knit sweater over or a button-up shirt under for extra warmth and comfort. Complete this with weather-appropriate boots, and layer with long sleeves or leggings as necessary. If you would like to accessorize, don’t forget a scarf and earmuffs to keep you trendy and cozy.
How to Wear a Jumpsuit in Summer
Create a trendy style by combining flattering patterns, materials, and sleeve lengths to ensure comfort in warm temperatures. We recommend you pick colors like ivory, taupe, or olive for the season. For an effortless summer look, choose a floral patterned jumpsuit with a woven bag, and crisscross sandals
How to Wear a Jumpsuit Casually
When wearing a jumpsuit casually, you’ll want to focus on light fabrics like cotton and a cut that fits your style. Specifically, loose-fit jumpsuits with short sleeves, wide-leg pants, a skinny belt or drawstring at the waist, and matching flats, boots or heels will always look chic and universally flattering.
If you’re looking to make more of a statement, try a fun pattern like stripes, paisley, tie-dye, or animal print. Choosing a loose or baggy jumpsuit will maximize your level of comfort, providing an airy summer ensemble. Simply feature a belt to create a feminine profile that will complement your body shape. You may even want to get a casual-style jumpsuit with pockets for extra convenience and flexibility.
How to Dress Up a Jumpsuit
When it comes to formal occasions, a jumpsuit is a unique but fashionable choice. Gowns can be cumbersome and pantsuits are more suited for the office, but a jumpsuit can get you the balanced blend of stylish and comfortable.
Whether you’re attending an outdoor wedding or a fancy cocktail party, you can dress up a jumpsuit to make it look formal and refined. While figure-flattering black will always be a safe bet, feel free to experiment with other colors, such as bright jewel tones and neutrals like white and navy. You can style a jumpsuit to incorporate sophistication and flair with the right fabrics, accessories, and embellishments, including sparkly sequins, luxurious velvet, edgy leather, and smooth satin. If you want to add a little oomph to your outfit, go with a jumpsuit that has a sexy plunging neckline and long sleeves with studs or beads embroidered in the design.
What to Wear with a Jumpsuit
- A jumpsuit is a statement piece all on its own, so don’t be afraid to wear a bold pattern or fabric.
- The safest option for jumpsuits is to wear one with a streamlined silhouette that has a wide or straight leg, giving the illusion of more height.
- Dress a black jumpsuit up or down by wearing high heels for a formal look or flats for casual style.
- If going with a longer length, you don’t want your jumpsuit to bunch at the bottom, so plan your shoes accordingly.
- Be careful how you accessorize. You don’t want your outfit to look too cluttered, so if you’re going with a jumpsuit that makes a strong statement, choose more subtle shoes and jewelry.
How to Accessorize a Jumpsuit for Evening
A gorgeous example for an evening is combining a maroon jumpsuit with gold earrings, a sparkling clutch, and nude heels. While accessories are necessary for an elegant touch, don’t underestimate the value of completing your ensemble with a chic coat, clutch, and hairstyle.
Black Jumpsuit Outfit Ideas
A classic style for any occasion is a black jumpsuit. Always fashionable and classy, styling a black jumpsuit to match the dress code of a casual, business casual, or semi-formal event is easy.
How to Style a Black Jumpsuit
For a casual look, you’ll want to wear a minimal piece with a denim jacket and sneakers or flats. Another laid-back gorgeous ensemble might be a short sleeve or tank-top jumpsuit with stud earrings, sandals, and a leather backpack. To dress up a black jumpsuit for a posh look, select a fitted style with heels and add a textured belt as a statement piece. If you are heading to a formal event, put some red lipstick on, a pair of black pumps, and your favorite coat. You can accessorize with dazzling earrings, a cute necklace, or an embellished hair clip.
1. Tulle Sleeves with Fun Pattern
2. Sleeveless One Shoulder Wide Leg Bodycon Jumpsuit
3. Casual Black Jumpsuit Paired with Denim Jacket
4. Classy Pinstripe Tank Top Jumpsuit
5. Black Cross Neck Jumpsuit Idea
Black and White Striped Jumpsuit Outfit Ideas
6. Black and White Off the Shoulders
7. Thin Black and White Stripes
8. Retro-Inspired Thick Striped Black and White Jumpsuit
9. Horizontal Jumpsuit Stripes
10. Different Widths of Stripes
Cute Jumpsuit Outfit Inspiration
11. Casual Layering with Shirt
12. Perfect Work Look with Jumpsuit
13. Dark Denim Jumpsuit
14. Linen Jumpsuit with Tied Up Denim Shirt
15. Layered Long Romper Outfit Ideas
Olive Green Jumpsuit Outfit Ideas
16. Olive Green Paired with Denim
17. Dressed Up Olive Green Jumpsuit
18. Comfy and Casual Jumpsuit Outfit
19. Olive Green Jumpsuit Paired with Belt
More Cute Style Ideas You’ll Love
- Anniversary Outfit Ideas – An anniversary is always that beautiful moment when you and your partner look back at all the precious memories and remind each other what has gone through. Good or bad days. Laughter or tears. Of course, on this meaningful day, we want to feel good and look good. So here’s probably one question in your mind: What to wear to an anniversary dinner? No worries ladies, I’ve got you covered. Below, we’ve gathered 27 anniversary outfit ideas from a casual anniversary lunch to a romantic dinner date!