Inside: 90s Outfit Ideas that work for a theme party and are easy enough for everyday.
The ’90s are making a comeback. Easy, casual, and trendy, everyone is embracing ’90s fashion by mixing classic and modern looks to create unique everyday styles.
From dresses, pants, and tops to accessories, shoes, and hairstyles, there are many ’90s outfits worth wearing this year.
The trick to rocking the style is learning how to dress with complementary pieces without overdoing the nostalgia. If you’re finding it challenging to shop for cute clothes or pull off the attire of the decade, we can help you find the right look and show you how to wear it today.
For new ideas and inspiration, check out our guide to all the best ’90s fashion trends to explore right now.
Whether you’re trying to figure out what to wear to a 90’s theme party or just want to incorporate cool 1990s style clothing into your wardrobe, you’ll love these inspired 90s outfit ideas.
How to Dress 90s – Accessories
Platforms, sneakers, combat boots, and square toe heels were popular fashion trends in ‘90s shoes. Simple and bulky footwear styles were fashionable, making Doc Martens boots, Steve Madden slip-on platforms, Birkenstocks, and FILA or Adidas tennis shoes a common look.
While hoop earrings were trending in the ‘90s, this chic accessory is timeless. However, women who have never worn hoops may be intimidated to try them out. These ring-shaped earrings come in different styles and sizes, and which type of hoop you choose will determine the amount of attitude, flair, and cuteness you’re going for. From Huggies to large hoops, this jewelry works with most ‘90s casual outfits.
Scrunchies were all the rage throughout the ‘90s. As a favorite fashion item that could complete any cute casual outfit with a pop of color, scrunchies were a major women’s hair accessory. From bright colors to satin fabric to velvet styles, hair scrunchies come in many different designs.
Women in the ‘90s had an affinity for wearing crop tops with low-rise pants. These cute revealing midriff-baring tops come in various styles, including the cropped halter, short sleeve, and cami. On-trend again, you can wear this ‘90s style with low or high-rise jeans.
Overalls offer an effortless and casual style that can be worn in a variety of ways. Worn by men and women, these sleeveless denim jumpsuits were considered a wardrobe staple in the decade. Comfortable and cool, there were many ‘90s overall outfits to try, and it all depended on the fashion statement you wanted to make.
Stylish 90s Outfit Ideas
1. High Rise Jeans and Oversized Crewneck
2. Denim Overalls with Chunky White Sneakers
3. Wide Leg Jeans with Flannel
4. Turtle Neck with Corduroy Jacket
5. Layered Dress with a T-Shirt
90s Outfit Ideas for Women
This decade marked a distinct era in women’s fashion that was heavily influenced by artists such as Britney Spears, Destiny’s Child, and No Doubt. These styles ranged from preppy to bohemian and urban to grunge, and were based on a rebellious approach to fashion. Using different materials, unique print patterns, and dazzling metallics, ‘90s outfits offered bold looks that fit perfectly with the cultural aesthetic of the times.
6. Cropped Sweater Vest
7. High Waisted Mom Jeans with Mock Turtle Neck
8. Preppy Skirt with Collared Crop Top
9. Straight Leg Jeans with Layered Tops, and Chunky Boots
10. 90s Grunge wit Overall Dress
90s Party Outfit Ideas for Guys
For a fashionable urban style, pick outfits that have a basic cropped or ribbed top with jogger pants. With styles like these, you can look effortlessly chic with FILA, Adidas Superstar shoes, and Converse’s Chuck Taylors.
11. Wide Cuff Jeans and Flannel
12. Vintage Tee and Cargos
13. Mixed Textures and Sneakers
14. Basic Kakies and Striped Shirt
15. Lots of Layers
Easy 90s Outfit Inspiration
16. Two-Piece Skirt and Blazer
17. Jeans, Boots, and Colored Sweater
18. 90s Inspired Patchwork Jeans
19. Butterfly Patches on Jeans
90s Day Outfit Ideas
20. Double Denim with White Tank Top
21. Tucked in and Belted Graphic T-Shirt
22. Pastel Argyle Knit Sweater Vest
23. Around the Shoulder Tied Button Up Shirt
90s Theme Party Outfit Ideas
24. High Rise Jeans and Oversized Crewneck
25. Denim Overalls with Chunky White Sneakers
26. Wide Leg Jeans with Flannel
27. Turtle Neck with Corduroy Jacket
28. Layered Dress with a T-Shirt
90s Fashion Ideas
29. Cropped Sweater Vest
30. High Waisted Mom Jeans with Mock Turtle Neck
31. Preppy Skirt with Collared Crop Top
32. Straight Leg Jeans with Layered Tops, and Chunky Boots
33. 90s Grunge wit Overall Dress
More Style Inspiration You’ll Love
- Fishnet Outfit Ideas – Speaking of 90s fashion, these fishnet outfit ideas are packed full of grungy 90s charm that will leave you dreaming for more. With a few modern updates, these fishnet styles can be pulled off with so much more. I’m talking paired with jeans, sweaters, dress, and even some cool new looks like SOCKS. Check out our favorite fishnet ideas.
- Nashville Outfit Ideas – Looking to amp up your upcoming trip to Nashville, Tennessee? Bring on the luxe hats and everything fringe! Nashville is known for its downtown life, music, history, and fashion, you want to make sure and enjoy every aspect of your trip. Their casual style, planning outfit that you love and fit it are a breeze with this list of fun and totally trendy inspirations.
- Powerful Pink Outfits – Can you really even go wrong with adding a bit of pink to your outfit? I say nay! Whether it’s a touch of pink or a whole dang outfit committed to this bright color, we have a list of ideas that we know you will fall in love with. This fun list is packed full of pink power suits, preppy pink outfits, and even a few unexpected color combinations that will blow you away.